Zclub討論區 Z板

找回密码
 註冊
搜索
查看: 1595|回复: 2

[分享] GP Holland 1973. Roger Williamson crashes hard...

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-1-16 22:12:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=3mz3ZzSXyWM&feature=related

小的不才
英文學不好
但看了影片有一種說不出的感覺
想知道字幕是在說什麼..
---

GP Holland 1973.

Roger Williamson crashes hard on lap 8, roll his car and catches fire. Only yards away stood a fire tender, but no order was given to stop the race and its driver refused, perhaps rightly, to drive against the direction of the traffic. Worse, marshals with fire extinguishers merely watched as Purley fought a lone battle to right the upturned March. He could hear Williamson inside it. Roger pleaded with him to get him out. Time and again Purley tried to lift the car, but each time he failed. For two laps - at least 2m 47s -the fire was minimal, but then it grew dramatically in intensity. David tried to fight it after grabbing an extinguisher from one marshal, but by then the fire had too strong a hold. As the marshals still remained immobile, appalled spectators began to try and help, unable to believe what they were seeing. Only then were marshals with police dogs galvanized into action, to keep them back. Finally, in the most callous act of cowardice ever seen in motor racing, they moved at last and tried to drag the desolate Purley away. He shrugged them off angrily. Roger was uninjured in the cockpit, but they left him to die of asphyxiation. When they finally arrived, the fire trucks were far, far too late. David Purley : Through his tears he said, "I just couldn't turn it over. I could see he was alive and I could hear him shouting, but I couldn't get the car over. I was trying to get people to help me, and if I could have turned the car over he would have been alright, we could have got him out." Later, when the immediate grief had receded, he admitted, "I didn't even think about the heroism or any of that rubbish. I just did what comes naturally to a trained soldier who sees a fellow in trouble." Ian Philips - journalist and friend : "Purley actually had a conversation with him. David was trying to turn him over and told me afterwards how Roger had said to him, For God's sake, David, get me out of here', and he just couldn't get him out. The circumstances were just appalling. David Purley was later awared the British Imperial George Medal, the second highest (highest being the George Cross) medal that can ever be awarded to a civilian for bravery.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-1-17 08:06:56 | 显示全部楼层
雖然說我也很喜歡賽車運動..
不過光是檯上的職業車手我自認了解的都不多了XD
更何況是個他過世後十年我都還沒出生的車手@@
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-1-17 23:18:35 | 显示全部楼层
這是在講1973年F1荷蘭站發生的事故。
影片字幕大約是在說車手Roger Williamson駕駛他的賽車失控,
重重的撞上了護牆,導致翻車並且起火燃燒。
他的隊友David Purley見到事故發生,變停下自己的賽車,
下車前去營救自己的隊友。
不幸的是,救援隊並未抵達,而在場的人沒有一個肯伸出援手。
David purley雖然可聽見自己對有在火舌內的求教聲,卻無法獨自將車身翻正。
最後Roger Williamson還是死於濃煙造成的窒息。
事後David purley獲頒英國皇家喬治勳章,但已經於事無補。

影片的字幕敘述的有點攏統。
你補充的那段話有比較清楚的說明整件事情。
比如說車禍發生時候大會並沒有發布停止比賽的命令。
場邊的消防人員也幾乎是袖手旁觀。
反倒是原本嚇壞的場外觀眾受到David的行為感動而加入救援的行列。
Roger Williamson本來在車體的保護下沒有因撞擊而受傷,但最後還是被濃煙嗆死。

那個年代的安全措施沒有做的很完善。
很多偉大的車手發生事故就掰掰了。
翻開早期的賽車界歷史會發現幾乎是用血淚交織而成的。
回复

使用道具 举报

Yahoo
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 註冊

本版积分规则

手機版|Archiver|Z板 Sitetag 訪客統計

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 00:50 , Processed in 0.065545 second(s), 20 queries .